Terms & Conditions
- Deposit: £300 per person is payable immediately to secure your reservation.
- 2nd Payment: 50% of the outstanding balance is payable 90 days before departure. Balance: payable 45 days prior to departure.
- Master Travel Ltd reserves the right to refuse to carry any person who, in its opinion, is unfit to travel. AN ATOL IS YOUR GUARANTEE THAT YOUR MONEY IS SAFE.
- Master Travel’s air holidays and flights are ATOL Protected, since we hold an Air Travel Organiser’s Licence granted by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is ATOL 3800. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk
- If, for any reason, you wish to cancel your reservation, written notification of intention should be sent to Master Travel Ltd. Cancellations are effective on the day they are received by us. Please let us know the reason for cancellation. Please note that under NO circumstances will cancellation by telephone be acceptable.
The following cancellation charges would come into effect if written notification is received:
More than 61 days before departure Deposit only
Between 60 and 31 days before departure 60% of total
30 days or less before departure 100% of total
- There is a required minimum number of persons travelling on our trips. In the event of the number falling below this requirement, Master Travel Ltd may be forced into cancellation of the tour and notification made 28 days prior to the date the tour is due to commence. In such cases we will offer an alternative tour or refund all payments.
- If outside circumstances beyond our control, e.g. war, natural disasters, etc., oblige us to withdraw the tour at any time before or after the balance of payments is received, we shall offer an alternative tour. If none is acceptable or available, we will refund all money paid except the deposit which will be used to defray administrative costs. In all cases any liability we may be under shall be limited to the amount of the refund.
Changes to costs
- The costs quoted for our tours are based upon known costs and exchange rates prevailing at the time. We reserve the right to adjust the cost of a trip should the value of the pound alter substantially, or if airline rates are affected by fuel increases or services be subject to an increase in dues, taxes or fees. Master Travel guarantees to absorb the first 2% of any increase in price. Should a substantial change (e.g. more than 2% of the total cost) take place we will forward an amended invoice showing the adjustment no later than 30 days prior to departure. Should we be forced to increase the cost of the visit by more than 10% of the total cost we will, if you wish, cancel your place, guarantee to return all monies paid provided we are notified within seven days of the date shown on the amended invoice.
Changes to your tour
- If, before you depart, we have to make a major change to your tour arrangements e.g. a change of airport (but excluding aircraft type), hotel or date of departure, it will only be because we are forced to do so by circumstances usually beyond our control. In such an unlikely event we will inform you immediately and our objective will be to minimise your inconvenience. We will wherever possible offer you alternative arrangements as close as possible to your original choice.
- They may be of a superior value. In the unlikely event that they are of inferior value (e.g. if only lower grade hotels are available) we will refund the difference in tour price. You will then have the choice of accepting, taking another available tour of similar price or cancelling.
- Should you wish to cancel, no other compensation will be payable and you will be reimbursed all monies paid to us.
- CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE Any flights forming part of the tour arrangements will be subject to the conditions of carriage of the airline concerned. These conditions in most cases limit the airline's liability to the customer in accordance with international law.
- OUR LIABILITY TO OUR CLIENTS We do not accept responsibility for death or bodily injury to our clients unless caused by the proven negligent acts or omissions of our Employees, Agents, Suppliers or Sub-Contractors while acting within the scope of or in the course of their employment other than any services performed by air and sea carriers. Any such negligence must be proven under English Law in an English Court for any part of the arrangements for your tour as described in the brochure or any excursions arranged by us.
- It is a condition of the above that you notify us immediately on your return from the tour of any claim for Personal Injury.
- RESPONSIBILITY TO OUR CLIENTS If any part of the arrangements booked with us is not provided in the advertised manner we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected your travel arrangements. We cannot accept responsibility for reasons of war, riots, terrorist activity, government intervention, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural disasters, disease, mechanical or constructural difficulties or technical transport problems and changes due to reasons beyond our control. We cannot accept responsibility for delays in the return of scheduled flights to the UK nor any resultant delays and costs for your onward travel arrangements. Alterations to scheduled airline departure times from the UK are also not our responsibility, nor are the resulting costs for altered travel arrangements to the airport nor any necessary overnight accommodation or meal expenses.
- Tour members must have valid passports. In the unlikely event that a tour member is refused a visa, or refused entry into a country, Master Travel Ltd will not accept any liability for any losses incurred and our normal scale of cancellation charges will apply. Cancellation will be deemed to have occurred on the date on which we learn of the refusal of visa or permission to enter.
- Master Travel Ltd accepts no responsibility whatsoever for difficulties arising from incorrect personal documentation, e.g. passports, inoculations.
- We cannot be liable for any medical expenses incurred by you or any loss or additional costs incurred as a result of injury or sickness. You may be covered against such circumstances on your insurance policy.
- We cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to baggage, personal effects, money or documents.
Your Financial Protection
- When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
- We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
- If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
- We issue advice on health and inoculations on our detailed predeparture notes, which you will receive in good time before your departure. We also strongly recommend that our clients consult their GP for advice on immunisation.
- If you have any complaint about the tour arrangements you must report it to our local representative at the soonest opportunity, and subsequently in writing to us within 30 days of your return. If you do not give us such notice of complaint we cannot accept any responsibility for the matter.
THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED IN ALL ASPECTS BY THE LAWS OF ENGLAND
Download printable version of booking terms and conditions >>